Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 22

Today marked the beginning of week 4 or day 22 of my 90-day gym/bible commitment.

These past 3 weeks have been good for me. I have been faithfully going to bed by 10pm, waking at 6am, and have consistently been in the Word.

I began my routine at the gym with three days a week. I am proud to say I have now added a fourth and in the coming weeks, I look forward to adding a fifth.

Perhaps something you didn't know about me: I thrive when there is a vision.

When there is a plan, a strategy, a goal, I so enjoy "conquering" it. I think about it. I plan. I get excited. I think about the most effective and efficient way to complete whatever the vision is.

Sure, is getting up at 6am four days a week difficult? Yes.

Is working out at the gym painful? The first week you have no idea. I couldn't even straighten my arms for a solid 5 days after my first trip to the gym.

Does reading the bible take discipline? Yes.

Is eating 3-6 times a day hard? Believe it or not, for me, it is infuriatingly difficult.

But the fruit from even this short period of faithfulness has been health to me both spiritually and physically.

I find myself smiling easier and laughing more. I have found myself making jokes again and I have begun to slowly seek people out in social environments. I am even working on being out-going to new people something I never thought would be "work" for me. 

I have seen my negativity and anger diminish daily as I pray that the Lord would help me to love, be gracious, merciful, kind, compassionate, forgiving everything I am not. My sarcasm has quieted and my cynical view of everyone and everything has slowly been changing. I have even found fresh excitement in my work both at church and with Unparallel Media (the Steinway project) which I will keep you updated on via Facebook and Instagram.

Whether there is a noticeably outward difference now, I hope that over the next 69 days, the joy of my salvation will return to me and I will once again be one who encourages, strengthens, and blesses those around me with my words and actions. And hopefully there will even be some type of physical difference.

The last 4+ months have been very difficult and I recognize that I am not completely free yet from the weight of those 4+ months. But to be excited (which seems odd that that would be such a big deal... especially to me) but to be excited, it's energizing to have it restored to my life.

I am thankful to the Lord that He has been faithful to meet me for the past 22 mornings I have sought Him. They're simple mornings. Simple prayers. Yet He still meets me. I love how the NET puts Jeremiah 29:13:
"When you seek me in prayer and worship, you will find me available to you. If you seek me with all your heart and soul"
I look forward to change in my life over the next 68 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment